Issue Date: 246 AM CDT Wed May 12 2021
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of North Central
Illinois...Northeast Illinois and Northwest Indiana.
.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.
Weather hazards expected...
Elevated Frost Risk.
Temperatures will fall into the low to mid 30s tonight and into
Thursday morning, but on a more localized basis across parts of
the Fox, Rock, and Kankakee River Valley locales supporting the
development of frost.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.
Sunday through Tuesday...
Limited Thunderstorm Risk.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
Spotter activation will not be necessary through tonight.
HARD FROST ADVISORY
Issue Date: 245 AM CDT Wed May 12 2021
...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT /8 AM EDT/
* WHAT...Low temperatures from 31 to 36 will result in frost
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Indiana and central, east
central, north central and northeast Illinois.
* WHEN...Until 7 AM CDT /8 AM EDT/ this morning.
* IMPACTS...Frost could kill sensitive outdoor vegetation if
Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold.
Issue Date: 708 PM CDT Tue May 11 2021
...The Flood Advisory is now in effect until Thursday morning...
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Illinois River at La Salle.
* Until Thursday morning.
* At 6:45 PM CDT Tuesday the stage was 19.7 feet.
* Action stage is 19.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall to near 19.0 feet by
early Wednesday evening.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet, Agricultural areas in La Salle, Spring
Valley, and Peru lowlands are flooded.
LAT...LON 4131 8940 4135 8933 4137 8898 4128 8899