Issue Date: 216 PM CDT Sat May 21 2022
...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Portions of southwest Illinois, including the following
counties, Madison, Monroe and Saint Clair. Portions of east
central Missouri, including the following counties and independent
city, Jefferson, Saint Louis and Saint Louis City.
* WHEN...Until 515 PM CDT.
* IMPACTS...Overflowing poor drainage areas. Minor street flooding.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 213 PM CDT, an area of showers and thunderstorms was
moving into the St Louis metro area. Heavy rainfall earlier
today has led to wet conditions with creeks and streams still
at high levels. The additional rainfall is expected to cause
minor flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas. This may
include ponding of water on city streets.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
St. Louis, Florissant, Chesterfield, Belleville, Wildwood,
University City, Ballwin, Granite City, O`Fallon, Kirkwood,
Maryland Heights, East St. Louis, Hazelwood, Collinsville,
Edwardsville, Webster Groves, Ferguson, Arnold, Manchester
and Creve Coeur.
Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
LAT...LON 3860 9073 3867 9064 3868 9051 3874 9050
3881 9038 3881 9016 3880 9012 3879 8993
3851 8988 3840 9011 3834 9035 3839 9073