Issue Date: 1137 PM CDT Tue May 24 2022
...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1130 AM CDT WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Portions of south central and southwest Missouri,
including the following counties, in south central Missouri,
Howell and Texas. In southwest Missouri, Christian, Douglas,
Greene, Lawrence, Ozark, Stone, Taney, Webster and Wright.
* WHEN...Until 1130 AM CDT Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1135 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
showers and thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or
expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 1 and
2 inches of rain have fallen.
- This includes the following low water crossings...
Lick Creek at County Road 528, Bull Creek at Center Road,
Wilson`s Creek at Old Limey Road, Little North Fork River at
County Road 916, Cowskin Creek at Highway Y, Hunter Creek at
Highway FF, Swan Creek at Swan Cave Road, Wolf Creek at
Highway AB, and Beaver Creek at County Road 524.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Southern Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Branson, Mountain Grove,
Ava, Forsyth and Highlandville.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Many flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
LAT...LON 3699 9361 3710 9361 3709 9299 3713 9289
3720 9261 3727 9257 3724 9234 3714 9225
3706 9225 3706 9209 3650 9212 3650 9331
3682 9330 3682 9334 3699 9334