WIND ADVISORY Issue Date:
234 AM PDT Thu Jun 20 2019 Expiration:
0500 GMT 21 2019
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING
TO 10 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Changes: None.
* Winds: West 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Lakes Affected: Pyramid Lake, Lahontan Reservoir, Rye Patch
* Wave Heights on Pyramid Lake: 2 to 4 feet, highest on mid lake
waters to eastern shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
428 AM PDT Tue Jun 18 2019 Expiration:
1830 GMT 24 2019
...THE FLOOD ADVISORY FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1130 AM
PDT MONDAY FOR NORTH CENTRAL PERSHING COUNTY...
* Gauge reports are continuing to show slowly increasing flows on
the Humboldt River near Imlay. The current stage is at 10.6 feet
as of 4 am Tuesday morning.
* This will be a long duration high flow event for the Humboldt
River near Imlay, likely continuing into July.
* Forecast...Minor flood stage is likely to continue above Rye Patch
Reservoir for several weeks. Moderate flood stage (11.2 feet at
Imlay) is possible by the weekend.
* Impact...At 10.3 feet...Minor flooding of Tungsten Road south of
the river between the river and the Pit Taylor Canal. Some minor
low land flooding is possible near the river from the Humboldt
County line to Rye Patch. As water continues to rise, access to
Flying M Ranch via Old Idaho Stage Road will become flooded.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles. Excessive runoff from snowmelt will cause
flooding of country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots.
LAT...LON 4064 11803 4066 11832 4086 11808 4086 11795
Rye Patch, NV Weather Warnings, Advisories and Alerts are issued by the National Weather Service.
You may want to see if there are any Special Weather Statements