Issue Date: 111 PM EDT Sat May 28 2022
...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 245 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Portions of southern Connecticut and southeast New York,
including the following counties, in southern Connecticut,
Fairfield. In southeast New York, Rockland and Westchester.
* WHEN...Until 245 PM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Water over roadways.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 111 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain
- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Yonkers, Stamford, White Plains, Port Chester, Ossining, New
Canaan, Haverstraw, Tarrytown, Mount Kisco, Dobbs Ferry,
Nyack, Greenwich, Harrison, Scarsdale, Bronxville, Hawthorne,
Upper Nyack, Bedford, Eastchester and Rye Brook.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
LAT...LON 4119 7392 4131 7366 4115 7352 4101 7363
4091 7387 4099 7390 4100 7389 4100 7390
4119 7396 4118 7395