Issue Date: 1051 PM EDT Sat May 21 2022
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues.
* WHERE...A portion of western New York, including the following
counties, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua.
* WHEN...Until 200 AM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying
and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1047 PM EDT, Although the heavy rain has ended, streams
may continue to rise due to excess runoff from earlier
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Jamestown, Allegany State Park, Lakewood, Falconer, Clymer,
Jamestown West, Frewsburg, Long Point State Park, Findley
Lake, Chautauqua, Busti, New Albion, Gerry, Conewango,
Ellington, Leon, Randolph, Napoli, Celoron and Mina.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
LAT...LON 4214 7976 4236 7882 4205 7885 4200 7902