Issue Date: 1009 PM CDT Mon May 23 2022
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...A portion of northeast Oklahoma, including the following
counties, Creek, Osage, Pawnee, Tulsa and Washington.
* WHEN...Through late Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected to
affect parts of northeast Oklahoma along and north of
Interstate 44 and west of Highway 75 through Tuesday evening.
Storm total rainfall amounts in the 2 to 4 inch range will be
common, with localized totals from 5 to 6 inches possible.
These rainfall amounts could lead to flash flooding and
notable rises on area rivers.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood
Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared
to take action should flooding develop.