Issue Date: 927 PM CDT Sat May 28 2022
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM CDT SUNDAY FOR
RELATIVE HUMIDITY LESS THAN 10%, 20FT WINDS OF 15 MPH OR MORE,
AND CRITICAL TO EXTREME FIRE DANGER FOR SOUTHEAST NEW MEXICO AND
MUCH OF WEST TEXAS...
* AFFECTED AREA...Dawson, Borden, Scurry, Martin, Howard, Ector,
Midland, Crane, Upton, Pecos, Chinati Mountains, Marfa
Plateau, Davis Mountains, Central Brewster County and Presidio
* TIMING...Sunday afternoon and evening.
* WINDS...Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 5 percent.
* RFTI...5 or critical.
* IMPACTS...Avoid the use of open flames or any activities that
may generate sparks. Accidental ignitions will have the
potential to grow into dangerous wind-driven wildfires.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.