Issue Date: 359 AM CDT Fri May 20 2022
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM CDT /6 AM MDT/ THIS
MORNING TO 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ THIS EVENING FOR RELATIVE HUMIDITY
OF 11% OR LESS, 20 FT WINDS OF 20 MPH OR MORE, AND HIGH TO EXTREME
* AFFECTED AREA...Gaines, Dawson, Borden, Scurry, Andrews,
Martin, Howard, Mitchell, Loving, Winkler, Ector, Midland,
Glasscock, Ward, Crane, Upton, Reagan, Pecos, Terrell, Lea,
Reeves County Plains, Chinati Mountains, Marfa Plateau, Davis
Mountains, Davis Mountains Foothills, Central Brewster County,
Chisos Basin, Presidio Valley and Lower Brewster County.
* TIMING...From 7 AM CDT /6 AM MDT/ this morning to 9 PM
CDT /8 PM MDT/ this evening.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 5 percent.
* RFTI...4 or near critical.
* IMPACTS...Avoid the use of open flames or any activities that
may generate sparks. Accidental ignitions will have the
potential to grow into dangerous wind-driven wildfires.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.