Issue Date: 221 PM CDT Mon May 23 2022
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE...Portions of Arkansas, Louisiana, southeast Oklahoma and
Texas, including the following counties and parishes, in Arkansas,
Columbia, Hempstead, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller,
Nevada, Sevier and Union. In Louisiana, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo,
Claiborne, De Soto, Lincoln, Red River, Sabine, Union and Webster.
In southeast Oklahoma, McCurtain. In Texas, Angelina, Bowie, Camp,
Cass, Cherokee, Franklin, Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Morris,
Nacogdoches, Panola, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine,
Shelby, Smith, Titus, Upshur and Wood.
* WHEN...From Tuesday morning through Thursday morning.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Flooding may occur
in poor drainage and urban areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Rainfall totals of 3 to 5 inches will be possible with
isolated higher amounts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood
Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared
to take action should flooding develop.