Issue Date: 1125 AM EDT Fri May 27 2022
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be
* WHERE...Portions of Virginia and eastern West Virginia, including
the following areas: in Virginia, Albemarle, Augusta, Central
Virginia Blue Ridge, Culpeper, Eastern Highland, Frederick VA,
Greene, Madison, Nelson, Northern Virginia Blue Ridge, Orange,
Page, Rappahannock, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Warren and Western
Highland. In eastern West Virginia, Eastern Grant, Eastern
Pendleton, Hampshire, Hardy and Western Pendleton.
* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms are likely
through this evening. Locations could receive 1 to 2 inches
of rain in a short period of time. Localized rainfall totals
of 1 to 3 inches are expected, though locations that
experience multiple rounds of thunderstorms could exceed 3
- For safety information, visit
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.