Issue Date: 301 AM EDT Sat May 21 2022
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT
* WHAT...Heat index values in the mid to upper 90s expected.
* WHERE...In Vermont, Western Chittenden, Western Addison,
Western Rutland and Eastern Windsor Counties. In New York,
Eastern Essex County.
* WHEN...From noon to 8 PM EDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The highest heat index values will occur
between 1 PM and 5 PM today.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.