Issue Date: 937 AM CDT Sat Apr 4 2020
Expiration: 0245 GMT 05 2020
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until early Monday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Rock River At Afton.
* Until Monday afternoon.
* At 8:00 AM CDT Saturday the stage was 9.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage Monday
morning and continue falling to 8.4 feet Saturday morning.
* Impact...At 9.1 feet, Floodwaters affect property of a home on
South Christian Road on the east side of the river in the Afton
area. There is minor erosional flood damage to lowland and
agricultural land in the Afton and Janesville areas.
River forecasts are available for some but not all river gaging
locations. The 7 day river forecast takes into account past
precipitation, soil moisture conditions, and predicted
precipitation for the basin. Precipitation is for the next 24 hours
in the future from April through September and for 48 hours in the
future from October through March.
(Stages in ft.) Bank- Latest Forecast stages
- Flood full observed ...for 7 am...
Location stage stage stage/time Sun Mon Tue Wed
Afton 9.0 8.0 9.11 8 am 4/04 9.1 9.0 8.9 8.7
- Highest 24 hour change
- observed in river stage
- stage in (ft.) up to Highest stage
- the last latest observed forecast in
- 7 days stage next 7 days
Afton 9.35 2 am 3/29 -0.05 9.10 7 am 4/05
LAT...LON 4274 8910 4274 8903 4265 8899 4247 8902
4248 8910 4261 8909
Janesville, WI Weather Warnings, Advisories and Alerts are issued by the National Weather Service.